Monday, December 12, 2016

Semana (Week) 62: Doubt your Doubts before you Doubt your FAITH!

Look! I got to see Hermana C!! She is a Sister Training Leader now, too!

Don't know if any of you know it, but today is a very special holiday for the people here.  Its Virgin Guadalupe Day, and they really go alllll out.  We walk by so many alters that are as tall as houses, with the Virgin Idol up top. It's interesting. They really like to party here, so we have to be in our house by 7 tonight because it gets kinda crazy here.

This Wednesday, we had our Leadership Counsel which was super special.  I really felt the spirit a lot lot lot.  At the beginning, President started to talk about the missionaries that leave in 2 more transfers and this might be their last meeting, because he will reassign them to train for the last of their mission.  I got a little teary eyed, because I feel like he was talking about me. Wanted to cry most of the meeting, because it felt really special.  Well, we will find out what will happen with me after New Years.

This Friday, we went on divisions with our sisters.  I have to say this day I was with her was the most special divisions I have had in all my mission or even maybe one of the best days in all my mission. I have been trying to focus on "where is my faith" right now. I thought I had a lot, but I find myself doubting sometimes. Not in God, but that I am worthy to ask for such miracles and that he will give them to me. So, we made a plan for an investigator, Yesenia, that had previously accepted a baptismal date, but later decided that she was not ready. We prepared ourselves and prayed much before hand that she would be able to receive her answer in the very moment that we were in the lesson. We arrived and started to teach. She told us that she wanted to truly know if the church was true. We felt the spirit so much and I asked her what she was willing to do to receive an answer from God. She said that she would do anything. So I told her, ¨Right now, we are going to kneel down and you are going to offer a prayer to ask God if this is true and what you should do.¨  So we knelt down and she began to pray.  She started to cry during the prayer, pleading to know what she needs to do, and what is right. Ending the prayer, I told her to open her book of Mormon and start to read out loud. She opened it and started to read. And right there, was her answer as plain as day, and she started to cry again, but feeling a joy very grand.  I really do testify that God answers our prayers if we only have the faith of a mustard seed.

Love,
Hermana Boice
Camacuaro

No comments:

Post a Comment