Monday, December 12, 2016

Semana (Week) 61: Light the World!

This week we were able to thankfully work.  I've been taking my medicine, so slowing getting better and better.  Evaded tonsilitis, I think. Before lunch, my throat started to swell and it hurt to talk, eat, swallow for the day.  But took some Doterra oil (love that stuff) and thankfully I didn't have anything the next day.  I think all of the sickness just want to attack me now that I'm weak....haha!

On Sunday, we went Christmas Caroling with our youth, which was fun. We went to go sing to less actives and investigators, and it was something beautiful to see the tear-filled eyes of the people that we went to visit.  We hope to see them this Sunday at church.  We saw Esmerelda once again at church this Sundays with her kids and very puntual.  We called them to see if they were going to chruch to find that they have left their house 30 minutes before, so that they would be able to make it on time walking.  I just love this family so much!! Seeing them on Sunday made me a little teary eyed.  Esme has a baptismal date for Christmas Eve and confirmation Christmas Day! It is going to be somehting super special.

Today, we went to Camacuaro, which has this really cool lake about 20 minutes from our area.  We went exploring and took lots of pics.  While we were there, this man stopped me and started to talk to me in English asking me where I was from and all that.  I gave him a card and started to explain everything but in English, which was really hard.  I have never talked with someone about the church in English in my mission before, I sounded like a total roukie...haha.  

I want you to all know that I am so very grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ, and that He loves us so very much.  This is the time that we have to be grateful to Him, and show it through our actions.  Watch the video "Light the World" in https://www.mormon.org/spa/christmas and do what it invites us to do, serve a little every day up to Christmas.  This is the happiness that lasts, the service that we give to others.

Love,
Hermana Boice


PS. And if someone has been wanting to email me but hasn't been able to find it, here it is! chrissa.boice@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment