Monday, November 28, 2016

Semana (Week) 60: Mom's always right....

Before anything, just trust in your parents when they tell you to wash your fruits and vegetables before eating them.  I had to learn my lesson the hard way.  Since last Saturday, we have been staying home because I got pretty sick.  We had to head to the center of the city to go to the doctor and he sent us to a lab to take some tests (like blood and other stuff).  We returned to him and he sent me to the lab again to take more tests, which took about 3 days.  Then, we returned again to him and finally we came to the conclusion that I have parasites reproducing in my stomach.  Pretty sure it was when we bought some strawberries and just washed them, but didn't disinfect them about a month ago.  Sooooooo, I learned my lesson very well.  You were right, Mom! 

Anyways, other than that, the new initiative came out for Christmas!!! Light the World!! If you haven't seen the video, go right now to see it at mormon.org.  The 1st of december, it has a calendar of what we can do every day to serve others up to tht 25th of December.  If we all join together to do it, for sure we are going to be able to "Light the World". This is the perfect time to learn to forget about ourselves and serve our brothers and sisters, so they can feel the love of Christ through us. It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

In 2 days, I complete 14 months! Wow, not sure if I want to be counting the time anymore because the time is getting less and less....haha.  Well, not much else that is going on.  I started learning Portuguese! Tchau!

Love,
Hermana Boice

No comments:

Post a Comment