Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Semana (Week) 70: Baby Jesus Dolls........

Hola!!!

This week has been a bit busy (I feel like I say that every week), but we have been able visit very consistently with our investigator Salvador who is going to be baptized this week on Friday. We have really tried focusing on repentance with him, and I can see that he really has had a conversion to the gospel.  He is so excited and can't wait to be baptized. Yesterday, we taught him about Family History and we started on his tree.  He was like a little kid in a candy store. It been an amazing and beautiful experience to see his progress and his testimony grow.

We were teaching a lesson and she feel asleep on me.  ;)
On Wednesday, we had a Capacitacion with Elder Valensuela (70 de area).  It was really good and I always learn lots of things. After, all of our zone went to the house of a awesome sister of the ward and we all ate.  Haha, something really interesting that happened on Thursday. We were going to appointments in the afternoon, and all at once, we started to see everyone we were passing carrying baby Gods, as they call them here.  But they are Jesus dolls, like a regular sized doll. And people of all ages were carrying, kids, adults, and old people, with their dolls in there arms with expensive looking dresses and clothes.....It's really easy to pick out those who are Catholic. Honestly, I thought this nigh was going to turn into one of these Doll Horror Movies...

Friday, we traveled to Guadalajara and Saturday we had our Leadership Counsel, but with Elder Valensuela.  We are going to be going to Guadalajara next Wednesday again for another one.......and its going to be my last one in the mission.  

This week is the last week of this transfer, so next week we will know where and with who I am going to be ending the rest of my mission! Ahhhh! Where is the time going??

Love,
Hermana Boice




The Baby Jesus`s

My face when I wake up in the mornin`


No comments:

Post a Comment