Monday, May 23, 2016

Semana (Week) 33: 2 Bautismos!

This week we have been planning for the 2 baptisms that we are going to have this Saturday! One is Antonio, who has come to church for years but never got baptized because he stays in Acambaro 3 months and then in Mexico City 3 months.  But, we had a really good lesson with him yesterday about his desires to be baptized, and he really does have the desire.  It was planned that he needed to leave this Saturday to go to work in Mexico, but he made the decision that he will stay till Sunday for his confirmation. The other is Diego and he is 9 years old.  All of his family are members, but he didn't want to get baptized because he didn't feel like he was obedient.  He really is a sweet kid.  We had a lesson with him, and he told us that he was sick.  During our lesson, he politely said to me, ¨Excuse me for a moment, I need to go puke.¨ He is so funny...this kid.

We found this in the street, something look familiar?
 I really don't know what Jesus has to do with the birds they are selling,
but whatever works for them right?
I have learned a skill very useful from the mission and I learned about it when we went shopping in the market. Everything that is in the market doesn't have a set price, you can bargain anything. I have never been a good person to bargain. But slowly I have learned from Taxis that want to charge us triple, to be able to do it.  We were shopping for clothes and with everything that we bought, it would be 850 pesos, buuuuuuut, we got everything down to 550.  People like to charge me extra because I am American, but I am Mexican on the inside!! Ha ha!


This week we have really worked so hard because we have had divisions almost every day with members.  The poor members that have to go with me, because I am still learning the area.  One young woman was with me and I took a wrong turn, and we ended up traveling 3 times farther than what we needed too, oops!

Love you all!! 
Hermana Boice


We found this awesome looking ancient church, and now they use it for an arobics class.......

No comments:

Post a Comment