Monday, September 5, 2016

Semana (Week) 48: Coffee and Half a Body...

Lots and lots of things have happened in this week.  More than anything, I have learned how much of a goofball my companion can be.  I just love her! I think I have almost died from laughing about 3 or 4 times in just this week.  So, don't be surprised if I kick the bucket in the next three weeks.  

This week I transgressed.  It was a transgression because I really didn't know that I was sinning.  We were walking passed some houses and we saw a sign that said popsicle, chocolate covered bananas, etc.  We only just need to look at each other in the eye, and we start walking to knock on the door, money in hand.  (I am prob going to gain weight here, because just in our first day together, we bought pizza, ice-cream, bread, popsicle, and at night we bought some crepes......I was really hungry that day.)  But anyway, we asked for chocolate popsicle, the lady handed them to us, and I started eating.  You know that sometimes chocolate tastes like coffee, but it doesn't have coffee? Well, that's what happened.  I just kept eating, because it was delicious.  My comp just starred at me trying not to laugh, until she said "Hermana, you know that your eating coffee right?"  With the face that I had, you probably would have thought that I just killed someone.  How am I going to teach the Popsicle lady the Word of Wisdom now?

Other funny story.  We were taking a short cut  that is a pathway with lots of tall grass around us.  We were walking until my comp started freaking out, looking at something in the grass.  She was talking so fast and slurred that I didnt understand anything more than "half of a body".  I looked in the grass and only saw pants.  It seriously looked like a dead body!  We both started to laugh and freak out at the same time.  I didn't really know if my comp was laughing or crying.  But long story short, it was just a pair of pants that were laying in the grass.  We started to make a game after looking for the other parts of the "body" and we found a boot 5 seconds later... haha.

Fun Fact!!  Zamora is known for berries, mainly strawberries! They have so many that they hand out pounds for free. I am in Strawberry Heaven!! :-) But I have to wait until October. 


Well, thats all for now! Love you all!!
Hermana Boice








No comments:

Post a Comment