Monday, January 9, 2017

Semana (Week) 65: Transfers!!! 15 Months in the Mission!!!

Today was transfers! And I am honestly super duper happy! I was transferred to Morelia! To the Estadio Ward (We share the building and our services are at 3pm :P) Now I have been in Guadalajara, Zamora, the State of Guanajuato, I just was missing Morelia.  I have been very blessed to be in the majority of the mission.  And I am pretty sure that this will be my last area because I only with have 3 months left.  And I am with Hermana M!! We also came into the mission together :)

Now, bittersweet news. Esmerelda is going to be baptized this Saturday!! But I am not going to be able to be there to see it :( I got to see them for the last time on Sunday and got to say goodbye to some of the members.  We got invited to eat lunch and they were Steak Tacos (My fav) and so I felt really happy that day. After we got all the missionaries together and we went to sing at a retirement home.  After we went to shake all their hands and so many started to cry, asking us to come and sing to the more often.  It was really sweet.  We went to a members house to say goodbye and she told me that she was super sad that I was leaving, because I never cut her hair.  So, it became 3 hours of service and I cut her hair, her two daughter, and her sister ( I chopped off about 1 ft of hair from every one) and dyed hair of another.  Its helping me get back into the swing of it.

Oh ya, and I also completed 15 months in the mission..........dont want to say much more about that :(

This week I have been ponderizing Mosiah 23:21-
21 Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith.
I have become to really love this scripture.  I first looked up what it really means to chasen, because I think that we take it more strongly than what its trying to say.  Chasen means correction or discipline that has the objective of help people to improve and be strengthened. Is that not what our Heavenly Father wants for us? To help us become stronger and help us progress? And he helps us do this by trying our patience and faith. Why the two? Our patience to see if with submit ourselves to his will in all things, but the faith to see us submit ourselves cheerfully and with hope. he wants us to endure in our afflictions, but with joy :)

Love you all!!!

Hermana Boice

No comments:

Post a Comment