Thursday, November 12, 2015

Week 6: Hola from Guadalajara!!!!!

Hola!

Okay, so last nights sleep was amazing because I before that I hadn't slept for 38 hours.  Quick recap of the last two days.  It was so sad leaving the CCM!!! On Sunday we were able to watch The Testiments which is an amazing movie!! Then after we had our little farewell and testimony meeting.  Super sad! I teared up a bit.  Then we went back to our casas at 10 pm and packed and waited.  Our flight was at 7am but we needed to be ready to leave the CCM at 3am, so none of us slept at all.  So we got to the airport and it was a bit crazy, but I know how to get around the Mexico City airport now!! We got on the plane at 6:45 and then for some reason, we didn't take off until 7:55! We just sat on the runway for an hour, don't ask me why.  It was only a 50 minute flight which was great! We got here and met President and Hermana Egginton, and I just looooooove them!!! I could't ask for anyone better! They took us out to eat breakfast,(it felt like a late lunch to me but it was only 9:30am) at an all you can eat buffet, super good and such a cool looking restuarant! After we went to the Mission Office and were there for the rest of the day getting orientation and stuff like that.  We had Little Ceaser's pizza for dinner! 

Best thing that has happened! So all of the missionaries that were getting assigned to us were at lunch with us eating.  I met Hermana L. and she was just the cutest and sweetest person ever! I told Hermana J. that I was pretty sure that she was going to be my companion. Everyone was also talking about the areas in the mission and I said that I wanted soooo bad to stay in Guadalajara!

So we get to our meeting finally, and guess whaaaaaaaat????? Hermana L. is my new companion aaaaaaaand we are staying in Guadalajara!!!!!!! Crazy right??? So anyway, we got back to our house and I unpacked and finally went to sleep at about 12...longest day of my life!!

So today was my first real day of missionary work!! We went to our District Meeting this morning and as an activity, we went out on the street to give a Book of Mormon to someone.  Ummmm, scary!!! But we went out and found this man waiting for the bus.  We started to talk to him and he regognized us as the Mormons.  But anyway, I shared my testimony with him and a scripture, and we got his contact info! At 2 we went over to Hermana C.'s  house and had lunch, she is a sweet lady.  Right after I am done typing this letter, we are going to Walmart so that I can buy some food.  Today is kinda like a P-day since I didn't get one yesterday.  Then later tonight we are having a Ward activity watching Meet the Mormons.  Haha, I just watched it yesterday and before that a couple weeks ago.  Good thing its a good movie.

So that is pretty much everything that is going on, my Spanish is más o menos, pero it is getting better. Good thing I have a companion that is Latina but knows English!!  I am still a bit overwhelmed but Im taking it every day at a time. Oh! before I forget, I had my first ever experiance on a Mexican bus! I had to actually stand up today because there were no seats available, and I felt like I was hanging from a roller coaster with one hand.  there were a couple times that my feet almost slid out from under me. But it is super fun! And it is super hot here! Mexico City was cold when I left it and now I am kinda missing it!

Well, I love you all and will talk to you next week, Im sure I will have some good storys.

Love Hermana Boice

No comments:

Post a Comment