Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Week 9: Broken Hearts and Contrite Spirits

HOLA!

First and foremost, and I want to wish my little brother Ethan Feliz CumpeaƱos!!!!!!!! I can't believe you are already 13!!!

The 2 month mark with 16 more to go.
Well, now I feel like the days are flying by! I feel like it was Monday two days ago, although that really isnt a bad thing haha. First things first!! Last Sunday one of our members Hermana T. brought a friend of hers to church.  We got her name and address and set an appointment with her.  You have heard of golden investigators, but she is pure gold! She so amazing and I just love her!!  She has two daughters.  We had a lesson with her on Friday on the Restoration.  At the end of the lesson, we asked her if she will pray to know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, and she told us that she didn't need to, because she believes he was, and she believes that the Book of Mormon is true also! She came to church yesterday with her family, and the sacrament meeting talks were all about the temple and family history.  And now she is super excited to do her family history work! She is scheduled to be baptized in December.  We also had two other investigators at sacrament meeting.  It was really great that they came to church, even though they were a bit confused during the whole thing because we hadn't had our first lesson with them yet, haha.  But they are both great.  

So I talked a bit about the guy last week and how he only wants to learn English.  Well, we had a lesson with him on Wednesday, and decided to do the lesson in English.  We figured that it is better that he listens to the lessons than not at all.  This lesson was directed by me which was super weird.  And it seems now that I don't know two languages.  I kept stuttering the whole time because I kept saying Spanish words and couldn't remember how to say them in English. So we asked him what he aspires in these lessons, and the only thing he said was to learn more English........I will admit that that made me a tiny bit frustrated.  But we continued on.  I felt the spirit really strong in the lesson, and at the end was expressing the feelings of the Holy Ghost.  Then he asked us a question that I think was inspired.  He asked how he can feel the peace and the joy of the Holy Ghost.  We told him that he can feel it only when he is doing his part, when he is praying, or reading the scriptures, that the Spirit doesn't come to us out of our curiosity.  I really hope that maybe this will spark something in him.

Anyway, on to other short stories! We went to K.'s house to give her a lesson, and were standing outside her door.  She opened and started to let us in.  For some reason Hermana L. just stopped right in the doorway to talk to her and so I was left outside.  Then I heard someone calling to me, and I looked and there was this guy 2 doors down, that was calling at me, and not saying the nicest of stuff.  So I tried to get into the house but Hermana L. was blocking the way, so I started shoving at her in the back and tried to push her in the house. I got in eventually. K. lives with her two brothers and her baby, so we talked for a bit with them.  When they left, K. turned to me and said that her brother really likes me. Awkward........

Hermana L. told me that because I am American, pretty much 99% of the men here are going to like me, and then proceeded to tell me that I will be breaking a lot of hearts.  I told her that that is totally fine, now we just need to work on getting them to have contrite spirits! 

3 Nephi 9.20 ´' ......And whoso cometh unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, him will I baptize with fire and with the Holy Ghost.......´'
Boom, missionary purpose!

You could say that with some of our lessons with less actives, its like sitting on pins and needles. Thankfully with Y., she is super sweet and our conversations are really good.  But I never thought that 'sitting on pins and needles' would ever actually happen physically.  But as we sat down on her couch, Hermana L. jumped up immediately with a surprised look on her face.  Low and behold, there was an actual needle sticking up out of the couch.  I guess its just a thing that we can never avoid.
Thanksgiving Dinner

On Saturday, I was surprised to hear that we had a breakfast appointment with C., who feeds you a lot! And then we had lunch 2 hours later, and then we had dinner appointment.  That never happens! My stomach is sure stretching.

Last but not least, on Friday we got served tea in a lesson, which I hate tea, can't stand the stuff, don't worry, its just fruit juice heated up.  But I told Hermana L. that I hate hot chocolate too.  So later at our lunch appointment, guess what I got served??? Yup, hot chocolate.  Murphy's Law at its finest.

Well, that is all! Love you all and have a good week!

Hermana Boice

Found this is in one of the books of J.'s kids for school, look familiar? Nephi??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment