Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Week 14: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!


Wow, 2015 went by so fast, I cant believe it!  And I cant believe that I have already completed 3 months in the mission! Time flies when you are having fun.
3 months in the mission field

Well, there isn't anything too new to report this week.  We had to return early to our house at 7pm on the 31st and 1st for our safety, and we did really fun things like clean our house and sleep.  On New Years Day, we got up at 6 and left the house at 6:30 to go to a Zone Conference in Cruz del Sur.  It was like a ghost town.  There wasn't anyone in the streets and there wasn't any cars either.  Thank goodness there was a bus though that we took to Walmart to meet up with the sister training leaders.  We did a split and Hermana L. went to the Zone Conference in Reforma, while I was with Hermana R.  I have never heard Mexico so quiet.  The Zone Conference was really good, one reason is because I actually had the courage to speak in front of everyone and in Spanish. But the best things were that we had a Secret Santa, and I got my packages yay!! A big thank you to my family and the Karratassos family for the packages! My companion and I love everything!
All the packages and gifts for Christmas.





So, we really don't know what is going on with Yezmin.  She left out of town for a week, but she has been back since Wednesday and won't answer our calls. I really hope that we can move forward with her.  We found a new investigator Alejandrina.  It was a very interesting experience, but about 2 weeks ago, we were leaving our house and met her as she was sitting outside our house.  We had the impression to talk to her.  Turns out, she has listened to the elders 4 years ago.  And that day she had passed by the church, and started thinking about them.  She also started to pass by our house a remembered that this is where the elders used to live.  So she sat down, and started to talk to God, and asked for direction.  Right at this time was when we walked out of our house and started to talk to her.  She recognized that as a sign that this is the direction she needs to take. We really enjoy teaching her and she is a really inspired person, and has very distinctive spiritual gifts.

Today I was reading in the new Liahona, and read the talk 'What lack I yet'?  I just love this talk so much! A couple days ago I was also reading about the story about the rich young man in Matthew 19.  I feel like one of the most important things to get out of this story, is that there is always more that we can do.  Yes, the Lord asks us to live the commandments and other things, but he wants us to go above and beyond. And when we go above and beyond, sometimes we need to sacrifice.  Sometimes its to sacrifice time to study the scriptures, or sacrifice a day of homework or study on the Sabbath Day.  And sometimes when we don't know what we can do to be better, we need to kneel down in humble prayer and ask, 'What can I do better?' And after this we need to act in conformity to his will.  I know that if we sacrifice, we receive the blessings and the help that we need.

Well, in about 4 more weeks I am officially out of training! Hermana L. keeps scaring me saying that I will train someone once I am done.  I know that the Lord knows best, and so that is how I know that that will not be the case! I still have so much Spanish to learn along with everything else!

Have a wonderful week!!

Hermana Boice

Picture of Chrissa's zone with Hermana L. missing.

Chrissa giving Hermana L. a haircut.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment