Monday, March 20, 2017

Semana (Week) 74: Pianist and Chopped Fingers...

This week was very eventful! About a week ago, we received a talk given about how people from ages 15-25 are the ones that are more likely to accept the gospel.  We decided to see if it was true or not, and talked with about 13 young people and EVERY SINGLE ONE gave us their directions to go visit them, IT WORKS!! 

We also had divisions on Tuesday and then on Friday.  There was the anniversary of the Relief Society on Saturday, and I was the pianist for the choir on Sunday. That was a lot of stress for me, because I have never been good to play in public.  The Lord also has helped me a lot on that, because I had to be the pianist ever Sunday for about 7 months of my mission.  So I've had to get over my fear.  

Refuge from the rain in the church.
Since Thursday its been raining tacos, haha.  Its been raining a bunch, thankfully we've only gotten caught one time in it.

Yesterday (Sunday) was probably the most eventful.  A sister in the ward had gotten her hand slammed in a car about 2 days ago (and cut about 1cm of her finger), and after the services (in the bathroom), my comp attended to her to clean it (shes a certified nurse thank goodness).  And I learned that I don't faint at the sight of a lot of blood! yay! The sister had covered it in cotton, and after two days, the cotton got stuck in her finger and dried up with the blood.  Yup, it was a very bloody task. Blood started gushing out as she was ripping away the cotton.  But anyway, I took it very well. The only reason I'm not a nurse is that I can't stand the smell. 

Last night we had a very, very good lesson with Lizethe, and she said that she has so many desires to get baptized and go to church!  After the lesson, she gave us hot chocolate (suuuuper hot) but we had to gulp it down super fast because we had 10 minutes to get to our house.  We went running from there to the house and made it in 15 minutes.  I'm in better shape than I thought, although my comp almost threw up her hot chocolate.

Other side note, about 3 weeks ago the Brother that is in charge of all the missionaries health in Mexico came to teach us some things, and he is the dad of Napolian dynamite! Well, the actor haha. That was interesting.

Can't really believe it, but this is my second to last email that I am going to be sending as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and what a privilege it is to hold that name still, for as long as I can.  I love this gospel so much, and I know without a doubt that it is true and pure.

Love,Hermana Boice


The first time I have drank a root beer in 18 months!

Our mission funeral for me and Elder Toledo

Our Zone activity today!


Picnic in the house!



No comments:

Post a Comment